To Serve God's Word and invite people to Christ through music, media, outreach, technology and education.
MSW is a diverse group of men and women from many Christian spiritual backgrounds ranging from Roman Catholic to Charismatic. Although we acknowledge theological differences, each team member falls under the umbrella of the historical, orthodox teaching and understanding of the Christian faith. Encountering the “Living Word,” Jesus Christ, influences all areas of our lives: Our music, media, technology, education, outreach, spiritual care, and relationships.
Our ministry is blessed to serve pastors, worship leaders, churches, seminaries, and denominations of various religious heritages. We are thankful that God has called us to an inter-denominational ministry, allowing us to promote the unity that is found in Christ to the Christian church at large.
Each team-member of MSW (though from varied religious backgrounds) takes our theology seriously. We share a commonality in the central beliefs of Christianity that proclaim salvation through Christ alone, and the importance of Holy Scripture (both the Old and New Testaments) as the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine, and conduct.
We believe in …
- Jesus Christ and the faith of the apostles as recorded in Holy Scriptures.
- The church universal, and that we are a part of the community of believers that began with Jesus’ first followers, is alive today, and will continue until Jesus returns.
- That salvation is by God’s grace, through faith, in Christ.
- The necessity of new birth, Christ’s mandate to evangelize the world, and the necessity of education and formation in a Christian context.
- Baptism and Holy Communion as sacraments of the church
- A Trinitarian understanding of one God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- A dependence upon the Holy Spirit who enables our obedience to Christ, conforms us to his image, and empowers us to continue Christ’s mission in our world.
- The reality of freedom in Christ that frees us to serve the community of faith and our world
- MSW’s ministry team seeks to live out our theology by:
Serving Christ, the church and our world.
Worshipping God with all our heart, mind, soul, and being.
And sharing our faith with others, so they, too, will learn of God’s love and experience God’s joy.