In my last communication I mentioned that I was excited for the day to come when the endoscope would be presented to Dr. Sergei of Ushachi Hospital. (Read about the endoscope's incredible journey here)
Drum roll please .....
That day has come!
Ludmilla Kozovaya traveled to Ushachi Hospital and delivered the endoscope to the good doctor. He’s a happy man!
Here are some pictures of that exciting day. We can’t imagine what this gift means to the healers at this little hospital. Although I was sad not to be there for the delivery, I’m grateful to God and to all of you who helped us get this much needed equipment to them.
- Ludmilla looks at the battered box hoping there is nothing broken. The long journey to the Ushachi Hospital is over.
- Dr Sergei greeting the gift bearers.
- Before they open the box, they go through endless government paperwork.
- The box is opened and everyone is excited to see the long awaited endoscope.
- Dr Sergei gives lead surgeon, Dr. Alexei the first close look at the new equipment.
- Kozovaya and Dr Sergei make the presentation to the entire staff of the hospital.
- Everyone who was not caring for a patient was there to see it.
- Dr Alexei, his assistant, and Dr. Sergei after the presentation.
Your generosity provided an important tool to help heal kids like this one.
We are excited to support the good work of these selfless doctors and caretakers in Jesus name.
PS: God is doing exciting things in Belarus and we will let you know about our next adventure soon. Winter is coming so the needs are great. Stay tuned!